You will need:
- 1kg parsnips, cubed
- 1.5 ltr hot chicken stock
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 medium garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 celery stick, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp soured cream
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- Pinch of chilli powder (optional)
- Heat the oil is a pan and add the chopped onion and celery.
- Cook for a few minutes until softened.
- Add garlic, coriander, cumin and chilli (if using) and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the chopped parsnips and chicken stock and bring to the boil.
- Simmer until the parsnips are soft (15 to 20 minutes).
- Remove from the heat and blend using a stick blender until smooth.
- Stir in the soured cream and serve!
Serve with some warm crusty bread and salted butter on the side.